Upper Cervical Spine
In the Cervical Spine Mechanics and Protocols workshop we point out the difference between the upper cervical spine and the rest of the neck. In this workshop, we delve deeper into how the upper cervical spine works and look at specific issues that relate to and often originate in the top vertebrae of the neck, including dizziness and headache. We explore cervical proprioception and focus on the need for more stability from our deep neck flexors—the “core” of the neck. You leave with new and specific ways to help people with neck, and particularly upper neck, issues.
- Expand your understanding of upper cervical spine anatomy, especially the deep neck flexors
- Explore the role of the cervical spine in dizziness and headache
- Learn specific exercises that condition the neck “core” to add stability
- Develop strategies to improve cervical proprioception
Related Specialist programs
- Functional Anatomy & Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Moms and Kids
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Search our schedule below for upcoming workshops and to register. Or contact us for assistance.
If viewing on mobile, check DETAILS for all relevant information.