This workshop focuses on three pieces of resistance apparatus: toning balls, Pilates circle, stretch bands. Resistance apparatus can be used in ways that not only build strength, but also facilitate optimal range of motion in the joints. You learn how and why resistance apparatus is important in the quest for a strong core and integrated support in hips, shoulders and upper torso. You become equipped with conceptual and kinesthetic understanding that helps you deliver resistance exercises in a whole new way. You also learn how to work from centre to periphery and vice versa to integrate both.
- Practise a variety of exercises using toning balls, Pilates circle and stretch bands
- Learn how to use resistance apparatus for positive strength outcomes without compromising joint mobility or flexibility
- Determine effective strategies for integrating resistance apparatus into one-on-one sessions and group classes
Related Specialist programs
- Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Moms and Kids
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Search our schedule below for upcoming workshops and to register. Or contact us for assistance.
If viewing on mobile, check DETAILS for all relevant information.