In this workshop you learn to analyze locomotion patterns that work from our feet, through the legs and hips, into the pelvis, and up the spine into shoulders. Based on the Spinal Engine theory, this workshop helps you see the gait mechanics as a whole body experience. Your ability to observe how we walk, and understand the intricacies of how movement is integrated as we walk, expands dramatically. You leave with a completely new way of seeing bodies and a repertoire of simple exercises that have profound and positive effects on a person’s gait mechanics.
- Gain an understanding of gait mechanics and its impact on functional movement
- Develop the skills to effectively observe gait mechanics and identify dysfunctional patterns
- Learn to make educated exercise choices to promote positive changes in the gait mechanics
- Practice a repertoire of exercises that positively affect gait mechanics
Related Specialist programs
- Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Moms and Kids
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Search our schedule below for upcoming workshops and to register. Or contact us for assistance.
If viewing on mobile, check DETAILS for all relevant information.